Welcome to Skaro, my personal homepage. If you are here to view my résumé, you can find it immediately bellow. If you are looking for links, downloads, etc, that I may have alluded to in conversation, please use the menu at the top right of your screen.
Instead of replicating a perfectly fine piece of paper with my résumé, I have put to use the full power of hypertext. Most entries on my résumé are linked to notes or other information relevant to that item. Please feel free to contact me regarding any possible job opportunities you may have within your organization using the information contained in my résumé, or found on the contact page.
All of these pages have been HTML and CSS validated. To see everything the way it was meant to look, feel and function, you should be using a web browser that adheres to proper World Wide Web consortium standards. There are extensive use of Cascading Style Sheets on these pages, and a browser that has good CSS Level two support is most helpful. Regardless of appearance though, everything should be completely accessible and legible to any web browser, on any platform, with any type of connection.
Update! The promised update is going along well, despite a slight delay, and it should be ready and online in the next day or so. Look forward to updated website list, more information on current job positions, code improvements and more.
97 Chandler Drive
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
Career Goal: I.T. position (web site management, instructing, multimedia authoring, sales, technical/user support)
Computer Related Knowledge/Experience
- All major operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc)
- Major alternative systems (AmigaOS BeOS, Irix etc)
- Others (NeXTStep, QNX, etc)
- Basic Hardware concepts and major systems (Wintel, MacIntosh, etc)
- Other (Amiga, SGI, etc)
- Peripherals (scanners, printers, modems, etc)
- Internal expansion(RAM, hard drives, expansion boards, etc)
- Office Applications and suites (MS-Office, Word, Excel, StarOffice, Word perfect, etc)
- Paint/Image Processing (Photoshop, Photopaint, Fireworks, Photogenics, GIMP, etc)
- Drawing/Illustration (Illustrator, Corel Draw, etc)
- Have done graphic design work
- 3D Animation (Power Animator, Maya, Lightwave, Imagine, Real3D, etc)
- First non-customer accepted to the Alias training course
- Desktop Publishing (Quark, PageMaker, Pagestream, etc)
- Multimedia presentations (Scala, Power Point, etc)
- Non-linear editing, titling (Video Flyer, Avid, Premiere, etc)
- User interface issues
- Taught children Logo (basic math and logic oriented language)
- Taught intro to computers to all ages
- Taught basic web page creation to adults
- Provided formal tech support by phone
- Gave informal support online and in person
- Basic networking theory
- TCP/IP protocol
- LANs and Internet access sharing, ethernet, etc
- Web server installation (Apache, NT)
- Long time Internet user (Email, news, FTP, Telnet, IRC, TALK, World Wide Web, etc)
- Helped hundreds of new users with technical/user issues and with netiquette
- Aide and CoSysOp on a variety of local Bulletin Board Systems
- Web Design (including corporate, private, nonprofit group and classified military sites)
- HTML, CSS, User Interface Issues, efficient design, adhering to WWW Consortium standards
- CGI programming (PERL, REBOL)
- Java programming
- Asked to be keeper of a FAQ Hosted 500 person question and answer conferences on IRC
- Articles authored by myself posted on prominent websites such as Linux Newbie.
Relevant Work History
Graphic Designer, Calgary Stampede Wrestling, 6 months and continuing
Customer Service, Microplay Video Game Stores #107, 1.5 years
Webmaster, C.F.B. Shearwater, 1 year
Front Desk/Inside Sales, Atlantis Kobetek Inc., 5 months
Graphic Design, Consulting, Homeworks Integrated Systems, 5 months
Consultant, Web Designer, Cybertime Computing Centre, 3 months
Consultant, Writer, Atlantic Animation, 1 month
Multimedia Author, Animator, Digital Image F/X, 4 months
Graphics Creation, Stock's Eye, 1 year
Graduated from Sackville High School in 1989 on the principal's list.
Attended Dalhousie University from 1989-1994 and took class in subjects including geology, physics, chemistry, Latin, astronomy, political science, and women's studies.
Alias Research Level 1 Training Course, Alias|Wavefront.
Non-Linear Editing Course, Colchester Campus , Nova Scotia Community College.